Friday 4 July 2014

Kicking Cat Toy Tutorial

The Angry Cat and I have moved to a smaller place and I had noticed that he was getting frustrated by not having a lot of room. So in an attempt to avoid him taking his rage out on me I went to the internet in search of a toy that would keep him entertained for a while! I came across the Kickeroo made by Kong, they looked great and all the reviews were positive but I didn't want to invest money unless I knew that Jack would play with it, so I set about making my own version. The end result is not exactly the prettiest toy I've ever made but boy does he love it! (oh an apologies for poor picture quality these were taken on my phone quickly as the Angry cat was very curious about what I was up to!!)




So to make your own Kicking Cat Toy you'll need:

1 pairs of socks
toy filling
catnip (leaves or spray)
small plastic container
rice

materials
To begin with put the 1 sock inside the other, so that it is doubled up to give extra layer of protection. Next start to stuff the socks with toy filling:



When you get to about the ankle point of the sock you'll need to stop filling and add the noise maker! This is the little plastic container, I used a small container that we had lying around the house. Anything small enough to fit inside the sock will do the trick. Add some rice and catnip. The noise of the rice rattling around the container drives the Angry cat mad!



Put the container in the middle of the sock and continue to stuff with toy filling. Don't completely stuff the sock, leave enough sock to be able to tie in a knot. Add some catnip as you go, or spray the whole sock later. Et voilĂ  your own kicking cat toy.



No comments:

Post a Comment